AMERICAN CLASSICAL LEAGUE
73rd ANNUAL (VIRTUAL) INSTITUTE
WHEN: June 22-26, 2020
Virtual Exhibit Hall
Live and Pre-Recorded Sessions
- Pre-recorded sessions will be available on demand June 15 - July 5.
- Live sessions will be available to registered attendees at the time listed on the schedule. The sessions will be recorded and available to registered attendees afterwards.
- All sessions will remain available to registered attendees through July 5 2020.
Two plenary sessions will be presented live and will be recorded. These sessions are open to all ACL Members at no charge.
- Welcome address and The State of ACL
Mary Pendergraft, ACL President and Professor of Classics, Wake Forest University
- Keynote Address by Daron Lee Calhoun II
Facilities, Outreach, and Public Programming Coordinator, Race and Social Justice Initiative Coordinator, Avery Research Center for African American History and Culture
"Avery, The Spirit that Would Not Die: A Celebration of Black Education"
This presentation will chronicle the history of African American education in the post-war American south using the lens of the Avery Normal Institute founded May 7, 1865 in Charleston, South Carolina.
Opportunities for Discussion, Networking, and Mentoring
- Round Table Discussions on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, Advocacy, Curriculum, and Middle School JCL
- Affinity Groups are scheduled at various times throughout the Institute and will be availble to registered attendees. These are meant to be open discussion times.
- There will be the first-ever ACL Digital Happy Hour to get to know other ACL members.
- The ever-popular Sing-Along will take place on Thursday. Song sheets will be available before the event.
- Breaks during the Institute will include time to visit virtually with exhibitors, games and door prizes.
ACL Virtual Institute Schedule
The schedule is a work in progress. Check back and see what events have been added.