ACL wants to help our members enhance their teaching by encouraging them to travel, take courses, attend professional meetings, and engage in professional development that is concerned with Latin, Greek and the ancient world where these languages prevailed.
Our scholarships honor some of the past leaders of the organization:
Glenn Knudsvig, Arthur Patch McKinlay, Maureen O’Donnell and Ed Phinney.
Donations to the ACL Scholarship fund are always welcome.
- ACL members at all levels of teaching are eligible to apply
- Must be a member of ACL for at least 3 consecutive years, including this current year and the two preceding years. Undergraduate students, graduate students and new teachers with less than 3 years experience are exempt from the requirement of three consecutive years of membership.
- ACL scholarship recipients may apply every 4 years
- Registration, room, board and travel for attendance at ACL Institute
- Purchase of materials from the ACL Teaching Materials and Resource Center
- Expenses connected with enrollment in classes required for Latin Certification
- Bona fide summer study programs at home or abroad
N.B.: Please be aware the ACL will not support participation in programs of the Paideia Institute. See our public statement of October 10.
- Awards range from $250 - $2000
- January 15 (round one) and March 15 (round two)
All applications will have an equal chance to receive funding. The Scholarship Committee wants to ensure that funding is available for attendance at Institute once pricing is announced March 1.
The application form is a google form. After you have completed the application you may request an email copy of your responses.
POST-SCHOLARSHIP PROJECT REPORT
Complete the Scholarship Report form by September 15 and send your receipts to the ACL Office. Both steps are needed for reimbursement.
Please upload a picture or two that we can share!